- Log into cPanel.
- Under Domains, click the Redirects icon.
- From the Type drop-down menu, select which type of redirect is to be used.
- Permanent 301 is a redirect that will update the visitor's bookmarks and direct search engines to the new site.
- Temporary 302 is a redirect that will redirect the visitor or search engine but will not update the bookmark, and search engines will continue to index to the original page.
- From the "http://(www.)" drop-down menu, choose the domain name you would like to redirect.In the "redirects to" field, enter the full URL of the page to which you will be redirecting.
- If you would like to redirect a single page or directory, you can use the adjacent text field to enter the name of the folder or file.
Note: You must enter the protocol (e.g. http://, https://) as well in order for the domain URL to be accepted.
- Select one of the following www redirection options to dictate whether or not the domain will be redirecting:
- Only redirect with www. only redirects visitors that type www. as part of the URL.
- Redirect with or without www. redirects all visitors regardless of if they use www. or not.
- Do Not Redirect www. will not redirect visitors that use www. as part of the URL.
- Clicking the Wild Card Redirect option allows users to set up a redirect to the same file on a new destination.Click Add to create the redirect as specified.
- With Wild Card Redirect, www.example.com/about.html will redirect to www.example-destination.com/about.html
- Without Wild Card Redirect, www.example.com/about.html will redirect to www.example-destination.com
Now when visitors type the exact URL that you specified, they will be redirected to the target site you assigned.